Maintaining your heat pump
is imperative to keeping it functioning well and keeping you and your family comfortable during the Litchfield Park colder months. If you already called Cooler Tymes LLC for your annual service, you’re definitely in control of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Give us a call at 623-208-6444 to get one set-up.
There are plenty of simple things you can do in between expert maintenance to improve the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it operating in tip top shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t stress this enough: check your filters frequently and clean or change them when advised. This is such a easy way to enhance the airflow through your heat pump and uphold top efficiency.
- Check to see if your coils and fans are clear for ideal airflow. Decreased airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can damage your system’s compressor.
- Confirm that your supply and return registers are ready and clear.
- If plants have grown up around your outdoor unit or litter has gathered, be sure to clear the area.
- Test your thermostat frequently to guarantee that it’s working appropriately. Simply turn it on and gradually increase the temperature setting until your heat pump switches on. If it doesn’t turn on, check back to our blog post on heat pump repair or more thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and cozy matters to us. For more plans on DIY furnace maintenance or to arrange a tune-up with one of our pros, call Cooler Tymes LLC at 623-208-6444 or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!