Generally, air ducts need to be cleaned every three to five years according to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association
. Depending on a lot of factors—like your home’s location, how many pets you have, and how frequently your air filter has been swapped out, to name some—you may need to have air duct cleaning
more or less regularly. So, how can you tell for sure when it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? There are definitely some telltale signs when it’s time.
Look for these clues:
- Are your cold air returns covered with dust or pet hair?
- Is there a jam inside your cold air return vent?
- Are your registers wafting out dust?
- When you look inside with a flashlight, can you see an accumulation of debris or pet fur?
- Have insects or rodents nestled in your ductwork?
- Can you hear noise other than your blower motor when you listen to the airflow?
- When your vents are fully opened, do any have a smaller amount of airflow than others?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s most likely time to ask Cooler Tymes LLC in Litchfield Park about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
There are a few things you can do to help keep your ducts cleaner and extend the amount of time between expert cleanings.
First and foremost, arrange routine HVAC maintenance with the experts at Cooler Tymes LLC. A tune-up of your furnace each fall and your AC each spring, which should comprise of inspection, and potential replacement, of your air filter, will help keep your HVAC system operating efficiently, and will help keep your ducts clean.
You can also chat with the team at Cooler Tymes LLC about installing an air purification system. We offer the Lennox PureAir Air Purification System, Healthy Climate Carbon Clean 16 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate 11 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filtration System and Healthy Climate UV Germicidal Lights.
Other steps you can take include:
- Frequently dusting and vacuuming your home.
- Examining your air filters habitually and changing them when the manufacturer recommends exchanging them. Most filters will present dust on them after a brief stint in service, but they may not require exchanging.
- Sealing seepages in air ducts that let dust to move in from areas like your attic.
- Trading poor or broken air-duct insulation.
With an expert air duct cleaning and some proactive measures, you can help keep the air in your Litchfield Park home clean and healthy. Give the professionals at Cooler Tymes LLC a call at 623-208-6444.