When it’s a little more frigid in Litchfield Park you depend on your heat pump to keep you cozy. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair coming soon. Yearly maintenance service from professionals can keep your system working efficiently and find potential problem areas before they get worse. Between service visits, make sure to watch for cues that indicate repair is needed. Here are some of the most familiar symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating correctly. Is it running for enough time? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem faint? These symptoms could point to a small problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump can’t get out of heating mode or cooling mode. When when you need to beat the heat outside, your heat pump regulates the temperature in your home by moving refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When it’s chilly out, heat pumps shift the process and moves refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to switch modes, it may be time to contact an expert to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling as usual. Your heat pump could be overheating if it is cycling on and off too frequently. This might signal a simple problem. Your thermostat could need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be changed. It may also indicate a malfunction in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled consistently. Are your registers all open and clear? If they are and the problem endures, call a professional to see why your system is malfunctioning or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is making a lot of noise. If your heat pump is suddenly running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be something wrong.
You’ll know when you need to set up heat pump repair now that you’ve heard of these common symptoms. The pros at Cooler Tymes LLC will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.