With warmer temperatures nearby, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at top efficiency, it can trim a large amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could dramatically increase your costs and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Cooler Tymes LLC professional complete air conditioning service
at least annually is critical to keeping your system operating efficiently for a while. He or she can be sure the unit is working properly and can identify possible issues before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during cooler months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could damage your system and leave you needing big repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area around your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they might inhibit airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any piece of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or changed during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them every month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has unique needs when dealing with air filter replacement, varying on aspects like owning house pets or doing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also ensure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you keep a comfy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer has in store. Give the pros at Cooler Tymes LLC a call at 623-208-6444.