Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Litchfield Park during the winter time, when they’re necessary to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Cooler Tymes LLC will always be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it switches on.
- If everything looks correct, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Cooler Tymes LLC at 623-208-6444 and we’ll get your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.