Summer is upon us! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Litchfield Park is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Cooler Tymes LLC constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner running in the heat.
- First, another time to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can severely damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s performance. cut the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that blocks your unit before you run it this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it clear and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you would like to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Cooler Tymes LLC in Litchfield Park at 623-208-6444 today.