Having standard air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Litchfield Park season, have the professionals at Cooler Tymes LLC conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than unlawfully releasing it to the air.
- Look for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it frequently. We advise checking it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Cooler Tymes LLC today at 623-208-6444.